- Under pressure to decarbonise your existing operations?
- A resource holder looking for ways to thrive through the energy transition and create value from natural gas by become a low-carbon energy producer?
With carbon dioxide costs at $25–35/t, blue hydrogen is already competitive against grey and, according to the International Energy Agency, green hydrogen will remain more expensive beyond 2030. For greenfield projects, oxygen-based hydrogen production systems offer advantages over steam methane reforming. In a recent example, the Shell Blue Hydrogen Process cut the levelized cost of hydrogen by 22% compared with autothermal reforming through reducing capital expenditure by 17% and operating expenditure by 34%.
Register to learn about the economic advantages of blue hydrogen production using the highly integrated Shell Blue Hydrogen Process based on mature Shell partial oxidation and pre-combustion carbon dioxide adsorption technologies.
- Explain why the world needs blue hydrogen;
- Examine which technologies are best for greenfield applications;
- Show how the Shell Blue Hydrogen Process can reduce the levelized cost of hydrogen by 10–25%; and
- Demonstrate the technologies’ maturity with reference to case studies.